Computer System Warranty Coverage
- We pay for shipping costs for the first 30 days of computer system warranty
- We DO NOT outsource your customer service!
The Cool Tech PC warranty protects all our custom made to order computer systems against defects in materials or workmanship for the duration of the warranty. Unless otherwise noted, each computer system comes with one year labor warranty and parts warranty from the date your computer ships. Extended warranty upgrades are available for purchase. All claims for warranty service must be made during the the warranty period. Your warranty and return policy begin on the day we ship your order. After your warranty expires, it is important to note that many of your components will still carry a manufacturer warranty. Once your warranty expires, you must deal directly with the manufacturer to obtain warranty service for a component.
One-Year Limited Warranty
For a period of one year from the date of original purchase, Cool Tech PC will replace or repair any computer system we've sold to you that has been proven to be defective in workmanship or materials. New or refurbished, repair parts or replacement products, will be provided by once the defective parts are received. This warranty is transferable to a new owner, should you resell your computer. See the "Limitation of Liability" section below for exceptions to this coverage. You must have your invoice number or order number to obtain technical support. Technical issues are handled via email and phone. The primary method of communication is email. We are open M-F, 10am - 5pm PST, and are closed on the weekends and major holidays. Tech support for operating systems is limited to aspects directly related to hardware functionality. Support for other operating system features must be obtained through other channels.
Since most problems occur early in the warranty term (e.g, due to shipping damage), for the first 30 days we will pay for shipping in both directions when we determine it is necessary to bring the machine back for repair. The shipping method used will match the transit time of the shipping method you ordered. If you order your computer with expedited shipping, we'll cover expedited shipping to get it here and back for repair. We use UPS for all return shipments. After 30 days you are responsible for shipping costs to us and if still under warranty we will cover the cost of return shipping. If faster shipping service is desired, you may elect to pay for an upgrade to a faster method. This does not apply to orders picked up locally or with orders shipped outside the US.
If a computer system component fails or is found to be defective and is reported while under warranty we will repair or replace the defective part with new or reconditioned parts at our option. If an exact replacement is no longer available, or if a superior substitute is available, we may install a part that has similar or greater overall performance at our option. If you are capable of swapping out the part yourself, we can send a replacement part out to you as an advance RMA (cross-shipment). The replacement part we send will include a return shipping label you can use to return the defective part to us. This advance replacement must be secured by credit card. If the defective part is not returned within 15 days from the time the replacement part is shipped, your credit card will be charged for the value of the part. With all advance RMAs, Cool Tech PC is not responsible for any damages stemming from improper installation of the new part. It is your responsibility to know how to safely work with the hardware you are replacing, and if you do not have that knowledge or experience, you should not attempt to swap out a part on your own. Component purchases and special order parts are not eligible for advance RMA. Warranty service for all peripherals (monitors, speakers, external equipment) is provided by the manufacturer of the component.
Return for Repair
Computer systems are generally repaired within 10 business days after we receive delivery. If any replacement parts needed are not in stock, that may add to the total time needed to complete the repair. When return shipping costs are covered by warranty, we will cover shipping costs through one of the procedures below. Shipments sent to Cool Tech PC outside of these procedures are not eligible for this coverage, and will not be reimbursed.
- We issue an electronic return label, which we email to you. Print out this label, and take your computer (boxed and ready to ship) to any local UPS counter, and the computer will be shipped to us at no cost to you.
- We issue a UPS pickup request. UPS will show up at your door with a return label to pickup the computer, which should be packed and ready to ship. We have no control over what time of day UPS will arrive, but they will make 3 attempts (1 per day) if you are not there.
All shipments to Cool Tech PC must be properly protected in original packaging materials, and must include a RMA number clearly written on the outside of the box. Systems sent in for repair must include all cables, disks, and adapters. Cool Tech PC is not responsible for damage caused by improper packing. Any time you ship a computer to us, you MUST pack the computer properly. Computers should be double boxed, with at least two inches of packing material between the boxes. If you ship a computer back without original packaging materials, you will be charged for replacement packaging materials.
|ALWAYS SAVE YOUR BOXES! Most of the shipping damage we see happens when the customer does not use the original packaging. Replacement custom packing materials are available for purchase if you have thrown yours away, but they can be expensive to ship to you due to their size.|
Out of Warranty Computer Repair
- You are responsible for all shipping fees.
- We charge a shop minimum ($99 USD) to diagnose an out of warranty computer. We are a flat rate shop and will quote you an estimate for the repair. Should you decide to move forward with the repair the shop minimum will be put into the labor cost of the repair. Effectively making the diagnosis no cost.
- Our out-of-warranty repairs carry a 30 day guarantee on our work. New or different symptoms do not apply to this guarantee.
- We are not responsible for shipping damage. Pack your system in the way it was received and ship via insured, trackable carrier. If the system is damaged in transit to us you will be responsible for any carrier claims.
- International customers are responsible for all brokerage fees, taxes and import duties. Cool Tech PC is not in any way involved with determining or collecting those costs. These costs vary greatly by location, so we cannot tell you how much cost to expect, but your local government can provide this information. Your shipping carrier will communicate your final costs for collection just before delivery.
- International customers are responsible for all shipping costs, including any warranty repairs or part replacements. Cool Tech PC is proud to be able to offer our PCs internationally, but the high costs of shipping mean that we can not cover shipping costs.
- If your PC arrives with physical damage, immediately take pictures and report the damage to your shipping carrier. Cool Tech PC can assist you with this process, but the more careful you are to document the damage, the more likely that you will have a smooth process in filing a damage claim with the carrier.
- The power cords we provide are for US style wall sockets only. If you require a different style power plug, you must source that cable locally.
Limitation of Liability
Cool Tech PC advises that all installations, or removals of (as well as any modifications, adjustments, or upgrades to), our products, be made only by a qualified technician. Cool Tech PC is not responsible for damages or costs that are the result of accidents, misuse, disaster, or abuse of your computer. Modifications, overclocking, BIOS or firmware updates, or repairs made to your computer system by anyone other than Cool Tech PC will void your warranty. Cool Tech PC is not responsible for any losses or complications (including lost profits or income, lost time or labor, or lost data, personal injury, and claims against you for damages from a third party) that arise as a result of a computer failure or a delay in the production or repair of your system.
By using, or placing an order from this site you are acknowledging that you have read, and that you understand and accept, the terms and conditions set forth in this document entitled, "Terms and Conditions of Sale".
Acceptance of Orders
Cool Tech PC reserves the right to refuse or cancel an order at any time, for any reason. Also, any automated or electronic order confirmation, by e-mail or otherwise, does not indicate acceptance of an order.
Payment, Pricing, and Delivery
Cool Tech PC accepts Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover credit cards in U.S. Dollars. We require full payment in advance for all purchases. Orders will require typically 5-10 business days, since they are built to order. All prices are set at the time of purchase. Cool Tech PC does not offer any form of price protection. All prices are in U.S. Dollars (US$). Prices are frequently updated and are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical errors with regard to price.
Should you have other questions or concerns about these warranty policies, please call us at (360) 687-8883 or send an email directly to our Sales Staff